Elderflower Syrup Recipe
Nobody should miss out on Elderflower Syrup! It is so delicious and makes the perfect sizzling summer drink!
Just add a splash of Elderflower Syrup, a splash of sparkling water and 2-3 mint leaves to your glass of champagne and make it a sparkling Elderflower Cocktail.
This drink is very popular in Europe, especially in the summertime. You can certainly just add a splash of Elderflower Syrup to your water or sparkling water as well. It will definitely be a delightful refreshment! Cheers!
Elderflower Syrup Recipe
You will need:
5 2/3 cup organic sugar
6 1/4 cups water
2 cups of dried elderflowers
1. Combine the sugar and the water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil and stir it continuously.
2. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down to about room temperature.
3. Grate the zest of all Lemons and add the lemon zest to the syrup. Remove the ends of the lemons and thickly slice each lemon into 5 slices.
4. Add the Lemon Slices and the Elderflowers to a large bowl and pour the Syrup over the Lemon Slices and Elderflowers. Cover with a clean cloth and leave to macerate for two days in your refrigerator.
5. When the 2 days are up, remove the Syrup from your refrigerator and strain it. Fill the syrup into sterilized Mason Jars or Bottles. Seal and store in the refrigerator.
For longer shelf live, bring the syrup to a boil and pour it into sterilized Mason Jars or Bottles. Leave 1/2-inch of space. Let the Jars or Bottles sit in boiling water for 10 minutes. Once sealed, the syrup should stay good for at least a year.
Elderberries have lots of culinary uses such as Elderberry Syrup, Pies, Jams, Juices and Liqueurs. The Elderberry must be cooked to come into its own. Afterward, you will have one tasty ingredient. Are you ready for some Elderberry and Elderflowers? Try our delicious and simple recipes! Don't forget to wear an apron as the inky juices will stain clothes.
Where to buy:
Elderflowers can be purchased at Farmers Markets, in your local health food store or online.
Warning - Do not take Elderberries or Elderflowers if you are allergic.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the safety of using Elderberry or Elderflower during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Autoimmune diseases, such as lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), multiple sclerosis (MS), or other conditions: Elderberry or Elderflower might cause the immune system to become more active, which could increase the symptoms of autoimmune diseases. If you have one of these conditions, it's best to avoid using Elderberry or Elderflower.
This recipe and this website is not meant to be any type of a medical advice.
Black-Elderberry.com will not be held responsible for user's results, choices or actions.
Always check with your Doctor before taking supplements like Elderberry